Friday, November 24, 2006

from my devotional

November 24

And the LORD thy God will put out those nations before thee by little and little: thou mayest not consume them at once, lest the beasts of the field increase upon thee. But the LORD thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed.
Deuteronomy 7:22–23

Had God driven the enemy out of the land quickly, wild beasts would eat the crops that would otherwise have nourished God’s people. So He drove the enemies out a little at a time until the children of Israel were ready to take on more territory. So too, God is working in you and on me. “But it’s going so slowly,” you say. “I thought I would be a lot further along by now.” I know. I thought I would be too. But God would say to you and me, “Be patient and trust Me. I’m not going to drive out your enemies immediately. But little by little, I’ll give you more territory, more possibilities, more responsibilities. You wait. You watch. You’ll see.”

Pst. Courson

1 comment:

Iwaya said...

HE definitely will do that, just trust in HIM!